Prior to training, candidates should ideally have industrial experience of operating all types of lift trucks and have passed the relevant operator standard test.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Delegates who are required to instruct and train other candidates on a variety of material handling equipment within the scope of any working activity they are employed to carry out. Delegates must be able to produce their respective lift truck operator’s certificate (dated within 12 months prior to the start of the course) to the training centre on arrival.
On the completion of the training candidates will be able to:
- Operate a lift truck to the standard required for lift truck instructors.
- Structure training material into a logical sequence for developing knowledge and skills.
- Adopt an effective style for teaching skills appropriate to the type of truck involved.
- Adopt an objective and critical approach towards the effectiveness of the instruction.
- Present the appropriate method of assessment to confirm candidate’s competence
- Assess candidate’s basic operating skills and knowledge in accordance with requirements.